The first 10 equivalent fractions to 3/11 are:
3/11, 6/22, 9/33, 12/44, 15/55, 18/66, 21/77, 24/88, 27/99, 30/110, and so on ...
How do you do equivalent fractions? What is an equivalent fraction?
Two frations are equivalent when they are both equal when written in lowest terms. The fraction
3/11 is equal to
3/11 when reduced to lowest terms (equivalent fractions definition). To find equivalent fractions, you just need to multiply the numerator and denominator of that reduced fraction (
3/11) by the same interger number, ie, multiply by 2, 3, 4, ...
- 6/22 is equivalent to 3/11 once 3 x 2 = 6 and 11 x 2 = 22
- 9/33 is equivalent to 3/11 once 3 x 3 = 9 and 11 x 3 = 33
- 12/44 is equivalent to 3/11 once 3 x 4 = 12 and 11 x 4 = 44 and so on ...
At a glance, equivalent fractions look different, but if you reduce then to the lowest terms you will get the same value showing that they are equivalent. If a given fraction is not reduced to lowest terms, you can find other equivalent fractions by dividing both numerator and denominator by the same number.
How do you know if two fractions are equivalent?
If you want to check if two fractions are equivalent, you can use this Rule:
Two fractions (
a/b and c/d) are equivalent only if the product (multiplication) of the numerator (a) of the first fraction and the denominator (d) of the other fraction is equal to the product of the denominator (b) of the first fraction and the numerator (c) of the other fraction.
In other words, if you cross-multiply (
a/b = c/d) the equality will remain, i.e,
a.d = b.c.
Here are some examples:
- 6/22 is equivalent to 3/11 once 6 x 11 = 22 x 3 = 66
- 9/33 is equivalent to 3/11 once 9 x 11 = 33 x 3 = 99
- 12/44 is equivalent to 3/11 once 12 x 11 = 44 x 3 = 132 and so on ...
Other ways people ask this question:
- What fraction is equivalent to 3/11?
- What fractions are equivalent to 3/11?
- What is the equivalent fraction of 3/11?
- 3/11 is equal to what fraction?
- Equivalent fractions of 3/11.
- What fraction is equal to 3/11?
Equivalent fractions calculator at: Equivalent Fractions Calculator